I’ve never been pregnant. My 2 fabulous daughters are adopted. Lately though, as I chronicle the daily and mundane of living through treatment, I realize this is the closest I’ve ever come to pregnancy. Allow me to explain:
- nausea and fatigue in the first 2 months
- weird food cravings: to combat the metal taste, I’ve been putting hot sauce on EVERYTHING. plus pickles. I’m eating a lot of pickles
- weight gain (seriously. that was supposed to be the silver lining of cancer – losing weight. not me!)
- Months off work – it’s like mat-leave, minus the mommy-and-me groups!
- people rubbing my head (instead of my belly)
- endless doctor’s appointments
so, can I get a baby when this is over?