it’s been 2 weeks since my double mastectomy.
Things I CAN do:
- brush my own hair with my right hand
- tie it loosely but crap-ily!
- get dressed on my own, as long as the tank top is VERY stretchy
- walk outside (1.1 km today)
- drive – ok, i just did this today, it hurt and i don’t think i would go very far, but i can
- warm up my meals in the microwave on my own
Things I CANNOT do:
- wash my hair without help (left arm doesn’t go up)
- lift anything heavier than a coffee mug, especially on my left side (for example, I need both arms to carry my laptop one room over)
- chop, mix, cook, be useful in meal preparation in any way
- look at myself in the mirror…. I gotta work on that one. really.